If you serve at a children’s academic enrichment program, a children’s arts program, a summer recreation program, or any other entity that seeks to support youth development, these resources are for you.
Responding to Trauma and Chronic Stress in Youth (created by Ellen Blaufox, LCSW-R)
- Glassers Choice Theory – 4 Basic Needs
- Lagging Skills and Unmet Needs
- Ramapo Toolbox
- Ramapo Toolbox – For Youth Leaders
- Teachers Prayer
- Ten Ideas for Active Reflection Activities
- Active Reflection: Goal-Setting Exercise
- Establishing Routines
Youth Trauma Resources
- Get your ACE score with this online test.
- Visit the CDC’s site on the ACE (Adverse Childhood Experience) study
- Watch this video to see how helping adults helps children.
- Book – Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness with Children by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Book – Trauma and Recovery by Judith Herman
- Book – Creating Sanctuary by Sandra Bloom
- The MindUP Cirriculum