Professional Development Grants
Professional Development grants aim to:
- Increase retention of staff and volunteers
- Assist programs in strengthening their collaborative networks
- Enhance quality of services
Professional Development Grants are available to parish-affiliated outreach programs that are current grantees of Episcopal Charities, to pay for professional development training for one or more staff or volunteers who have served the program on a regular basis for at least six months.
Professional Development Grants are governed by Episcopal Charities’ General Eligibility Requirements and Grant Guidelines.
Grant amounts will range from $100 to $2,000, and no more than 75% of total training fees. Programs must provide at least 25% of the the budget for trainings. In general, amounts greater than $300 will be considered only for multi-session trainings/certificate programs and/or trainings for multiple staff or volunteers.
Types of Trainings Funded
Professional Development grants are offered for trainings and conferences on topics related to non-profit management and program development, including, but not limited to:
- Non-Profit Management: Governance and Human Resources; Volunteer Management; Financial Management; Fundraising and Communications
- Program Development: Advocacy; Strategic Planning; Monitoring and Evaluation; Program Specific Trainings (for instance, classroom management for youth program staff; nutrition classes; conferences related to the program’s area of focus)
Trainings may be one-time or multiple sessions; web-based or in-person; offered onsite at the program (for staff and volunteers of that program or other Episcopal Charities’ grantee programs) or offsite at another location.
Click here for suggestions of possible trainings and conferences.
Episcopal Charities will consider funding travel or other expenses associated with trainings.
Applicants should submit a brief, one-page letter containing:
- A brief description of the training and the expected positive impact on the program
- A web link to a description of the training (or copies of a brochure or other materials)
- Names and titles (or roles) of each staff or volunteer who will attend the training, and length of time each person has worked with the program (at least six months)
- An income and expense budget that shows the amount being requested and the total cost of the training, with at least 25% of the funding coming from a source(s) other than Episcopal Charities
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, at least 30 days prior to the planned training. Please email your application to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions