Upcoming Workshops | About | Resources
Upcoming 2018 Workshops
Registration Open for:
- Thursday, March 16, 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, March 20, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
How can church outreach programs and nonprofits benefit from using social media? What social media platforms should your program be using and how do they work? In this hour-long webinar, participants will learn how to use social media to further their mission online. Topics covered will include:
- The basics of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- The most effective ways to post on social media
- How to determine which social media platforms are most appropriate for your program
- How to use social media to connect with your supporters and with other programs
Please check back soon for more information on our Spring 2018 Sustainability Institute Workshops!
We offer a series of professional development workshops for parish-based and parish-supported outreach programs in the Episcopal Diocese of New York. These sessions provide a forum in which to network, ask questions, gain valuable resources, and learn from experts in the field – all with the goal of increasing program sustainability. Clergy, program directors, and volunteers are all invited to participate.
Programs receiving Episcopal Charities’ grants are required to attend at least two workshops per year. The 2017 schedule includes both webinars and in-person trainings. In-person workshops are held in Poughkeepsie as well as Manhattan.
Click here to find resources from past workshops.
Find blog posts related to the Sustainability Institute here.