About | Resources
Registration is now open for:
It’s Not Just About Food: Taking Your Feeding Program to the Next Level
- Saturday, September 15, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at St. Paul’s Church, 151 Mansion St, Poughkeepsie
- Thursday, September 20, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at West Side Campaign Against Hunger, 263 W 86th St, Manhattan
In this workshop, staff from the West Side Campaign Against Hunger, the largest food pantry in NYC and the first in the nation to offer a grocery-store style “choice” model will offer tips on how to increase your program’s capacity to meet the needs of your customers and address the root causes hunger. Staff and volunteers of parish food pantries, community kitchens, and brown-bag programs will learn to:
- Foster a culture of respect and dignity
- Increase resources to balance your budget
- Connect customers with the benefits to which they’re entitled
- Engage customers in program operations and governance
Building Your Development Plan
- Thursday, October 11, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Diocesan House, 1047 Amsterdam Ave, Manhattan
- Saturday, October 13, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at Christ Church, 20 Carroll St, Poughkeepsie
Fundraising can seem overwhelming, especially if you are unsure where to start. Developing a clear plan provides direction for your work and clarifies lines of responsibility. Whether your program has staff members or you are completely volunteer-driven, a development plan is the key to securing the funds you need to serve.
Episcopal Charities’ Director of Development Henry Enright will lead a workshop filled with tips and examples on creating a new development plan, or honing your existing plan. Through hands-on activities, handouts, and the benefit of all the experience in the room, you will walk away with the tools to focus your fundraising.
We offer a series of professional development workshops for parish-based and parish-supported outreach programs in the Episcopal Diocese of New York. These sessions provide a forum in which to network, ask questions, gain valuable resources, and learn from experts in the field – all with the goal of increasing program sustainability. Clergy, program directors, and volunteers are all invited to participate.
Programs receiving Episcopal Charities’ grants are required to attend at least two workshops per year. The 2017 schedule includes both webinars and in-person trainings. In-person workshops are held in Poughkeepsie as well as Manhattan.
Click here to find resources from past workshops.
Find blog posts related to the Sustainability Institute here.