September 2018 Sustainability Institute Workshop (Manhattan)Thursday | 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM (20/09/2018) , Duration: 00:05 Place: 263 W 86th St Manhattan
- Thursday, September 20, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. at West Side Campaign Against Hunger, 263 W 86th St, Manhattan
In this workshop, staff from the West Side Campaign Against Hunger, the largest food pantry in NYC and the first in the nation to offer a grocery-store style “choice” model will offer tips on how to increase your program’s capacity to meet the needs of your customers and address the root causes hunger. Staff and volunteers of parish food pantries, community kitchens, and brown-bag programs will learn to:
- Foster a culture of respect and dignity
- Increase resources to balance your budget
- Connect customers with the benefits to which they’re entitled
- Engage customers in program operations and governance
You can register for this workshop here.