APPLICATION CHECKLIST | ABOUT | TIPS | APPLY | NEED HELP?
In December 2018, Episcopal Charities will begin accepting applications for Youth Opportunity grants for the summer of 2019 and 2019-20 academic year. Each year, the deadline to submit an application is the first Friday of February at 5 pm. Our next deadline is February 1, 2019.
Applicants will notified of decisions in early April 2018. A list of programs currently receiving Youth Opportunity Grants is available online.
Below you’ll find a timeline for the 2019-20 Youth Opportunity grant cycle.
- Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
- Learn about Safe Church workshops designed to protect children in your program
- First Time Applicant? Register for one of our online orientation sessions.
- Fill out the Intent to Apply form before you start your application.
- View a list of the questions you’ll need to answer and the the attachments you’ll need to upload to complete our online application.
- Download and fill out a copy of the budget form.
- Submit an online application by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions in late April 2019.
- Grants will be disbursed in one payment for summer programs (July), and in two payments for academic year programs (September and March).
About Youth Opportunity Grants
Youth Opportunity Grants (YOG) are awarded to parish-based outreach programs addressing the needs of children and youth in communities throughout the Episcopal Diocese of New York, including:
- Children’s Academic Enrichment
- Children’s Arts
- Summer Recreation
- Health and Wellness, including special education, programs to support LGBTQ youth, and more
- Skills-Building, including sports education, girls’ empowerment, leadership development and more
Episcopal Charities awards Youth Opportunity Grants for the summer of the year of application, OR the academic year beginning in the September of that year and running through June of the following year.
Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
Download Grant-writing Tips
Submitting a Grant Application
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on February 1st, 2019.
Episcopal Charities has a user-friendly, online application system. Get started by clicking here to create an account and/or access the application. For a list of the questions you’ll need to answer and the attachments you’ll need to upload, click here. A return email will be sent automatically to confirm receipt of the application.
If you experience technical difficulties completing the application, or need additional assistance, email email@example.com or call 212-932-7354. We will respond within 1 business day.
If necessary, applicants may save a draft of their application and return to complete it. However, please note that access to the application will automatically shut off at 5:00pm on Friday, February 1st. We will not be able to accept applications beyond that time.
Episcopal Charities requires that first-time applicants attend an orientation session. Register for one of our orientation sessions. Topics covered include:
• Overview of our grant‐making process
• Grant application walk‐through
• Grants Management
Frequently asked questions are addressed here.
Our staff can arrange to review a draft of your application several weeks before the deadline. This review will help you revise the proposal, if needed, and submit a complete application. However, this staff review does not guarantee that your proposal will be funded.
Contact Leeanna Varga, Director of Programs for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-316-7426.