APPLICATION CHECKLIST | ABOUT | TIPS | APPLY | NEED HELP?
Each year in December, Episcopal Charities begins accepting applications for Youth Opportunity grants for the upcoming summer and academic year. Each year, the deadline to submit an application is 5 pm on the first Friday of February. Our last deadline was February 3, 2017.
Applicants were notified of decisions in early April. A list of programs receiving Youth Opportunity Grants for the Summer of 2017 and 2017-2018 Academic Years will be online soon.
Below you’ll find a timeline for the 2017-18 Youth Opportunity grant cycle.
- Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
- Learn about Safe Church workshops designed to protect children in your program
- First Time Applicant? Register for one of our orientation sessions to be held Tuesday, December 13, 2016, Thursday, January 12, 2017, and Tuesday, January 17, 2017.
- Fill out the Intent to Apply form by Friday, January 6, 2017.
- Download and fill out a copy of the budget form.
- Submit Application due Friday, February 3, 2017.
- Applicants will be notified of decisions in late April 2017.
- Grants will be disbursed in one payment for summer programs (July), and in two payments for academic year programs (September and March).
About Youth Opportunity Grants
Youth Opportunity Grants (YOG) are awarded to parish-based outreach programs addressing the needs of children and youth in communities throughout the Episcopal Diocese of New York, including:
- Children’s Academic Enrichment
- Children’s Arts
- Summer Recreation
- Health and Wellness, including special education, programs to support LGBTQ youth, and more
- Skills-Building, including sports education, girls’ empowerment, leadership development and more
Episcopal Charities awards Youth Opportunity Grants for the summer of the year of application, OR the academic year beginning in the September of that year and running through June of the following year.
Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
Download Grant-writing Tips
- Download Grant-writing Instructions
- Download our grant-writing tips
- Download examples of grant application “vignettes”
Submitting a Grant Application
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on February 3rd, 2017.
This year, Episcopal Charities is moving away from paper applications to a new, user-friendly, online system. Get started by creating an account and accessing the application here. All necessary attachments should be uploaded through the online application. A return email will be sent automatically to confirm receipt of the application.
Optional webinars are available on the following dates to train applicants in filling out the online application form. Register here.
• Wednesday, December 14th, 10am
• Thursday, December 15th, 6pm
• Monday, December 19th, 12:30pm
• Tuesday, December 20th, 3pm
If you experience technical difficulties completing the application, or need additional assistance, email email@example.com or call 212-932-7354. We will respond within 1 business day.
If necessary, applicants may save a draft of their application and return to complete it. However, please note that access to the application will automatically shut off at 5:00pm on Friday, February 3rd. We will not be able to accept applications beyond that time.
Episcopal Charities requires that first-time applicants attend an orientation session. Register for one of our orientation sessions to be held Tuesday, December 13, 2016, Thursday, January 12, 2017, and Tuesday, January 17, 2017. Topics covered include:
• Overview of our grant‐making process
• Grant application walk‐through
• Grants Management
Frequently asked questions are addressed here.
Our staff can arrange to review a draft of your application several weeks before the deadline. This review will help you revise the proposal, if needed, and submit a complete application. However, this staff review does not guarantee that your proposal will be funded.
Contact Leeanna Varga, Director of Programs for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-316-7426.