ABOUT | DOWNLOAD APPLICATION | SUBMIT APPLICATION | NEED HELP?
Each year in September, Episcopal Charities begins accepting applications for the Basic Human Needs grant cycle. The application deadline is the first Friday of October, this year Friday, October 6, 2017.
Applicants will be notified of decisions in late January. To see the list of programs receiving Basic Human Needs grants for 2017, click here.
Grants are disbursed in two payments (March and September).
About Basic Human Needs Grants
Basic Human Needs (BHN) grants support parish-based human services programs that address the specific needs of diverse communities throughout the diocese, including:
- Community Kitchens and Food Pantries
- Health and Wellness, including eldercare, addiction and recovery issues, homeless shelters and more
- Skills-Building, including English as a second language classes, job skills training, re-entry assistance for the formerly incarcerated, and more.
Episcopal Charities awarded Basic Human Needs grants totaling $578,000 to 61 outreach programs in 2017. Current grantees are listed in the categories linked above.
Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
- The deadline for our 2018 BHN grant cycle is October 6, 2017.
- Please submit an Intent to Apply form by Friday, September 15, 2017.
- With the 2018 grant cycle, we are moving away from paper applications to a NEW online system. To preview questions asked:
- Download our 2017 application form
- Download our 2018 Budget Form
- Download our Safe Church Form
- Download our grant-writing tips.
Submitting a Grant Application
Applications must be received by 5:00 pm on Friday, October 6, 2017.
Episcopal Charities now has a user-friendly, online application system. The online form will be available beginning in September 2017. All necessary attachments should be uploaded through the online system. A return email will be sent automatically to confirm receipt.
Optional webinars are available to train applicants in filling out the online application form. Register here.
If you experience technical difficulties completing the application, or need additional assistance, email email@example.com or call 212-932-7354. We will respond within 1 business day.
If necessary, applicants may save a draft of their application and return to complete it. However, please note that access to the application will automatically shut off at 5:00pm on Friday, October 6, 2017. We will not be able to accept applications beyond that time.
Episcopal Charities requires that first-time applicants attend an orientation session. Register here. Topics covered include:
• Overview of our grant‐making process
• Grant application walk‐through
• Grants Management
Frequently asked questions are addressed here.
Our staff can arrange to review a draft of your application several weeks before the deadline. This review will help you revise the proposal, if needed, and submit a complete application. However, this staff review does not guarantee that your proposal will be funded.
Contact Leeanna Varga, Director of Programs for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212-316-7426.