ABOUT | DOWNLOAD APPLICATION | SUBMIT APPLICATION | NEED HELP?
Each year in September, Episcopal Charities begins accepting applications for the Basic Human Needs grant cycle. Every year’s application deadline is the first Friday of October. Last year’s deadline was Friday, October 7, 2016.
Applicants were notified of decisions in late January. To see the list of programs receiving Basic Human Needs grants for 2017, click here.
Grants will be disbursed in two payments (March and September).
About Basic Human Needs Grants
Basic Human Needs (BHN) grants support parish-based human services programs that address the specific needs of diverse communities throughout the diocese, including:
- Community Kitchens and Food Pantries
- Health and Wellness, including eldercare, addiction and recovery issues, homeless shelters and more
- Skills-Building, including English as a second language classes, job skills training, re-entry assistance for the formerly incarcerated, and more.
Episcopal Charities awarded Basic Human Needs grants totaling $545,000 to 57 outreach programs in 2016. Current grantees are listed in the categories linked above.
Check our eligibility requirements to see if your organization or project is eligible for a grant.
- The deadline for our 2017 BHN grant cycle was October 7, 2016.
- We will begin accepting applications for 2018 grants in September 2017.
- With the 2018 grant cycle, we are moving away from paper applications to a NEW online system. To preview questions asked:
- Download our 2017 application form
- Download our 2017 Budget Form
- Download our Safe Church Form
- Download our grant-writing tips.
Submitting a Grant Application
Applications were due Friday, October 7, 2016.
Preferred method of delivery.
The application and all necessary attachments may be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A return email will be sent within 24 hours to confirm receipt of the application.
Applications may be mailed to:
ATTN: Leeanna Varga
1047 Amsterdam Avenue
New York, NY 10025
Applications may be hand delivered to the offices of Episcopal Charities in Diocesan House on the Close of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10025.
Episcopal Charities requires that first-time applicants attend an orientation session online or in person.
Frequently asked questions are addressed here.
Our staff can arrange to review a draft of your application if submitted two weeks before the deadline. This review will help you revise the proposal, if needed, and submit a complete application. However, this staff review does not guarantee that your proposal will be funded.
Contact Leeanna Varga, Director of Programs for assistance at email@example.com or 212-316-7426.